CarePack® - Components
Overview of CarePack® components and the potential impact on individuals with HIV and their household:
|Core Interventions||Product description/quantity||Impact on PLWHA and their household|
|Co-trimoxazole prophylaxis (optional)|
Provision of education material is associated with reduction in high-risk behavior, leading to:
1. Lengeler, C. (2004). Insecticide-treated bed nets and curtains for preventing malaria. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 2, Art. no. CD000363.
2. Lule, J.R. et al. Effect of home-based water chlorination and safe storage on diarrhea among persons with human immunodeficiency virus in Uganda. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2005 Nov;73(5):926-33.
3. Interventions to improve water quality for preventing diarrhoea (Review) © 2006 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
4. Mermin, J. et al. Effect of cotrimoxazole prophylaxis on morbidity, mortality, CD4 cell count, and HIV viral load among persons with HIV in rural Uganda. Lancet. 2004 Oct 16;364(9443):1428-34.
5. Mermin, J. et al. Effect of cotrimoxazole prophylaxis on morbidity, mortality, CD4 cell count, and HIV viral load among persons with HIV in rural Uganda. Lancet. 2004 Oct 16;364(9443):1428-34. 6. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Search Vestergaard Frandsen
Like Us on Facebook
Subscribe to News Updates
Top FAQ for CarePack®
In the News
by Henry Neondo at Africa Science News Service
Latest Journal Publication
A Qualitative Assessment of Participation in a Rapid Scale-Up, Diagonally-Integrated MDG-Related Disease Prevention Campaign in Rural Kenya
CarePack in the News
Integration: An Effective and Efficient Global Health Approach
"Imagine addressing HIV/AIDs, malaria, and diarrhea in a single intervention. Policymakers would be pleased at having integrated services in health plans and, more importantly, patients would receive well-rounded health care provisions. In fact, a recent study in Kenya has done just this, proving to the global health community that this is a better approach to health interventions within a country." Read more