Vestergaard Frandsen develops innovative products that prevent the transmission of waterborne and vector-borne diseases in developing countries. We are especially interested in addressing a class of diseases called the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs), which kill many of the most vulnerable people on Earth.
At Vestergaard Frandsen, we understand that the 90/10 Principle is an important reminder of the inequality that exists in the world today. Currently, 90% of the world's 6.5 billion people have little or no access to the products or services that benefit the other 10%. Additionally, 90% of all design, innovation and development are available to only the most fortunate 10%.
We strive to reduce this discrepancy by innovating directly for the developing world. And in doing so, Vestergaard Frandsen has managed to turn humanitarian responsibility into core business. Strong support of the Millennium Development Goals, particularly reducing child mortality and combating HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases, is a defining characteristic of our company. In addition, we endeavor to dramatically reduce the number of people living without access to safe drinking water.
Turning commitment into action, we have developed several breakthrough brands: CarePack®, LifeStraw®, PermaNet®, ZeroFly®, and ZeroVector®. These innovations have the potential to revolutionize the developing world as we know it, fighting preventable diseases and putting an end to the needless suffering of millions.
We are confident that our products can make a tremendous impact. It is therefore not only our responsibility, but our obligation to invest in making these goals a reality. Vestergaard Frandsen believes strongly that our work, and that of our partners, will some day afford all humanity the basic human rights so many of us are currently without.