PermaNet® 3.0 - Global Logistical Support
Vestergaard Frandsen works with a multitude of local partners to provide the exceptional service of delivering products to in-country destinations rather than simply shipping them to the container port, as is the case with most other suppliers.
We have developed a distribution network across the world, establishing delivery channels for deeper penetration inland and ensuring a seamless delivery to the end destination.
Examples of Logistics delivery landmarks:
- In 2012, we shipped 2.7 million nets to PFSA Ethiopia by sea using 102 containers.
- In 2011-12, 3.3 million nets were shipped to PSI Matadi by sea using 96 containers.
- In 2011-12, 4.5 million nets were delivered via sea and road to Ministry of Health, across 4 states in India by using128 containers.
West and Central Africa
- In 2011-12, we delivered 7.9 million nets in 9 regions across Cameroon by sea using 344 containers.
- 4.29 million nets were shipped by sea to Tema, Ghana using 99 containers in 2011-12.
- We delivered 3 million nets to Bamako, Mali using 119 containers by sea and road in 2011-12.
- 2.6 million nets were shipped to Lome, Togo by sea using106 containers in 2011-12.
- In 2010-11, 25 million nets were delivered by sea and road to 17 states in Nigeria using 981 containers.
- In 2011, we delivered 200,000 PermaNet® by air, including 80,000 PermaNet® by Chartered flight for American Red Cross.
- In 2011, we delivered 1,143600 PermaNet® to Haiti in purchased containers.
- In 2011-12, 56150 PermaNet® were delivered to Pakistan by air.
- In 2010-11, 50,000 PermaNet® were delivered to Pakistan by air.
Vestergaard Frandsen also has warehouse facilities in the remotest parts of the world, allowing the company to help programme implementors distribute PermaNet® long-lasting insecticidal nets affordably and efficiently.
This unique profile makes Vestergaard Frandsen the optimal partner for disease control needs.